December 11, 2011

Christmas Decor and So Much More (part 1)

I'm trying to get the hang of this blogging thing. I have spent much more time trying to customize my blog than actually "blogging". But I think I am satisfied...for now.

Today, my mom and I FINALLY tackled the task of the Christmas Tree. I, myself, thoroughly enjoy decorating for Christmas, but I want things to be as I picture them in my head. Sometimes, however, it doesn't turn out the way I envisioned. Needless to say, its 1:55 AM and, well, the tree is up, but it has no ornaments on it yet.

The outdoor decorations are completed. Last weekend, I purchased a nifty mailbox mesh swag at the Christmas Market in the whopping town of Pope, MS (population approx 300). Why it took a week to actually find its place on the mailbox...well, I can't answer that. On the front door, there is a stocking made out of window screen, painted and looking fabulous. ((pictures to come)) Around the doorway is lighted garland with red, wired ribbon wrapped around it. We did the lighted garland and the wrapped ribbon last year, and for some reason, I don't remember it being as difficult as it seemed this year. But, its done! There is also a large, lighted wreath that is hanging on the outside of the house, on the brick. We have a spotlight shining on it to enhance. The outside of the house is coming along quite nicely, but the inside has a little ways to go.

I have some pretty creative ideas for some things to do on the inside. But I will let that be a surprise!

It's about that time. Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment